Make drinking easier by keeping liquid at the top of the straw||| ARK's Select-Flow Valve™ packs make drinking easier for beginners and/or individuals with oral motor difficulties. It's uniquely designed to control the direction of fluid - liquid flows up into the straw, but does not flow back down. Because fluid stays at the top of the straw, each subsequent sip requires less effort. It also reduces the air ingested, so users experience less coughing and choking while consuming more fluids. Highly recommended for individuals who tend to aspirate or have difficulties generating and maintaining suction (a weak suck). Simply push the tapered end of the valve into the bottom of a straw, and you're set to go!
For individuals who tend to take too much fluid at a time, the Select-Flow Valve™ packs also slow the flow of fluid, allowing for smaller, more manageable sips that lower the risk of coughing/choking. If a restricted flow is not necessary, simply trim the tapered end with a pair of scissors to increase the flow.
- Made in the USA
- FDA compliant, no lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Measures approximately 1.75" in length
- Sold in a pack of 3
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- If you're using thickened liquids, in general for most thickener brands: "nectar" consistency works fine. If you trim the tapered end of the valve to open up the flow, "honey" will work but will be harder to suck through the straw. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
- Fits in the bottom of most standard drinking straws measuring .25" in diameter
- Recommended for use with the Cip-Kup™, Sip-Tip®, or Bear Bottle, as these cup sets let you "help" fluid up the straw for the initial sip
- These valves are not quite disposable, but they are not "forever" valves either. They cannot be taken apart for thorough cleaning, so eventually they will need to be replaced with enough use. Flushing the valve immediately after each use with warm soapy water will help prolong the life of the valve. For a lifetime forever valve, see the Premium One-Way Valve here.
Caution: contains small parts that may pose a choking hazard; please directly supervise at all times