Gentle bumps under the spoon bowl for sensory input|||Finally! The Textured Spoon Tip (an attachment for the Z-Vibe, both sold separately) has been a feeding therapy favorite for over 15 years. ARK's proSpoon™ has that same spoon bowl that we know and love, but now it's available as a standalone non-vibratory spoon.
ARK's proSpoon™ was specially designed by feeding therapist Debbie Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP to support easy feeding and food removal for young children. The size and shape of the spoon bowl are "just right" - big enough to hold an appropriate amount of food, but small enough to prevent the spoon from being overloaded with too much food.
As an extra bonus: the back of the spoon bowl has gentle bumps to help transition children from puréed to textured foods. These sensory bumps also stimulate the tongue and lower lip and provide added tongue stability.
It's a rigid spoon, but it does have slight flexibility to it so that it's gentle on the teeth (in case someone has a bite reflex and bites down on the spoon). This flexibility also means that you can bend the spoon slightly to make the handle curved - perfect for individuals who have limited hand dexterity to make self-feeding easier.
- Proudly designed and made in the USA by ARK Therapeutic.
- This listing is for 1 proSpoon™.
- Each small spoon measures 5.4" long. The handle measures .35" in diameter. The spoon bowl specifically measures about 1.4 x .75" (LxW). This size is best for infants and toddlers and works best with puréed foods like yogurt, applesauce, stage 1 baby foods, etc.
- Each large spoon measures 6" long. The handle measures .4" in diameter. The spoon bowl specifically measures about 1.75 x 1" (LxW). This size is best for older children and up through adults. Adults may find this spoon a little smaller than regular spoons.
- Each spoon is sold individually.
- Exact colors hues may vary slightly.
- Medical grade, FDA compliant, no lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
- A smooth non-textured version of the proSpoon™ is available separately here
Please note: this is not a vibrating spoon. If you're looking for the vibrating spoon, please click here instead.