A stainless steel one-way valve solution that's easy to take apart for cleaning|||ARK's Premium One-Way Valve makes drinking easier by controlling the direction of fluid - fluid flows up into the straw, but does not empty back into the cup. Because fluid always stays at the top of the straw, less effort is required for each sip and less air is ingested. As a result, users tend to experience less coughing while consuming more fluids. The valve is easy to take apart, clean, and put back together. Highly recommended for individuals with oral motor difficulties, a weak suck, or problems generating and maintaining suction. Just press the tapered end of the valve into the bottom of a straw and you're ready to drink.
- Made in the USA out of medical grade stainless steel that will not rust
- All parts can be boiled in water to ensure sanitary conditions
- Sold individually
- Compatible with most regular drinking straws measuring .25" in diameter
- Measures just over 2 inches in length
- Included in the package is an extra (spare) stainless steel ball and washer
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- This may vary by brand of thickener, but in general if you're using thickened liquids, "nectar" consistency works fine. "Honey" is a bit harder to suck through the straw, but it does work. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
Caution: contains small parts that may pose a choking hazard; please supervise at all times.