Straws with a discreet, built-in valve that makes drinking easier, sold in a pack of 10|||ARK's One-Way Straws make drinking easier for individuals with a weak suck, oral motor difficulties, and/or problems generating and maintaining suction. Each straw features a built-in valve that controls the direction of fluid one-way - fluid flows up into the straw, but does not empty back into the cup. With fluid remaining at the top of the straw, less air is ingested and less effort is required to drink. Users therefore tend to experience less coughing and choking while consuming more fluids. Because the valves are built-in, these one-way drinking straws provide both convenience for the caregiver and discretion for the user. One-way valve straws save time and labor for the caregiver/therapist while increasing independence, dignity, and hydration for the individual.
- Made in the USA
- No lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Sold in a pack of 10 disposable straws
- Can be used on their own, or with either the Cip-Kup® or Sip-Tip® to further assist drinking (not compatible with ARK's Bear Bottle Kit for Straw Drinking)
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- This may vary by brand of thickener, but in general if you're using thickened liquids, "nectar" consistency works fine. "Honey" is a bit harder to suck through the straw, but it does work. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.