A go-to-chew; Click to see all 14 colors|||Made in the USA, ARK's Krypto-Bite™ Chewable Gem Necklace provides a safe, wearable, and discreet solution for kids and adults who need to chew. For boys, it's cool-factor Krypto-Bite™. For girls, it's a stylish gem pendant. Either way, it's sure to be a hit! Use this "chewelry" as an oral fidget (or even hand fidget) to help calm, soothe, and self-regulate during times of stress, or to better focus during homework and other activities. Modeled after the extension of the Grabber®, the prism-shaped pendant also comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Standard - This is the softest level, recommended for mild chewers (those who do not chew through anything).
- XT / Medium Firm - This is the middle level, which we call XT ("Xtra Tough"). It's firmer, but still fairly chewy, recommended for moderate chewers.
- XXT / Very Firm - This is the toughest level, which we call XXT ("Xtra Xtra Tough"). It still has some “chewability” to it, but it’s fairly rigid / pretty firm. No chew tool is indestructible, but this is usually the longest lasting level for avid chewers.
Choose your option from the menu above. Each pendant is sold individually with its own breakaway necklace cord. Or, you can also buy more than one pendant and create your own custom statement chew necklace (like the first picture, for example). Color hues may vary slightly.
Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
Caution: This product is not a toy. The clasp and cord are not intended for chewing. Contains small parts that may pose a choking hazard - direct supervision required. Recommended for ages 5 years and up. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew tool, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear. For the longest lasting chew tool overall, click here.
- 18 years ago, ARK's Grabber® was the first solution on the market specifically for children who needed a safe alternative to chewing on their hands, clothes, pencils, etc. This prism-shaped pendant is modeled after the same Grabber® that you've come to know and love, but shaped into a fun and fashionable design for biting, chewing, and oral motor input.
- Designed and sized to look just like a regular piece of jewelry, the Krypto-Bite™ is a very discreet way to chew. Hence the name, which comes from the Greek word kryptos ("hidden, concealed, secret").
- Each pendant measures 3 inches in length and .5 inch in diameter (very similar in size as the extension of the Grabber).
- The cord measures approximately 36 inches in length. If desired, you can shorten the cord by scooting the thread out of the clasp, retying the knot at a shorter length, and then trimming the excess thread.
- Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA
- Highly recommended for individuals who have Autism, sensory needs, anxiety, ADHD, etc.