Make drinking easier for beginners or those with oral motor difficulties|||ARK's Bear Bottle Kit is a fun and friendly way to make drinking easier for beginners and/or children with oral motor difficulties. It's also an excellent way to transition babies straight from bottles to straw drinking - skipping sippy cups altogether! Most sippy cups promote improper tongue and lip positioning that can cause speech problems later on. Straws are a better alternative, as they strengthen the mouth muscles and encourage tongue retraction, cheek tension, and lip closure.
The Bear Bottle features a unique valve that controls the direction of fluid - liquid flows up into the straw, but does not flow back down. Simply squeeze the bear's belly until fluid reaches the top of the straw and release. Fluid will stay at the top of the straw, thereby decreasing the effort required to drink. Highly recommended for individuals who tend to aspirate or have a weak suck with difficulties generating and maintaining suction.
The Kit includes: 1 easy-to-squeeze Bear Bottle with a snap-close cap, 1 Select-Flow Valve, 2 eight-inch long tubing straws, 1 yellow Lip Blok® (3/4"), and instructions on how to teach straw drinking. The tubing straw is a reusable, chewable, durable alternative to traditional straws, and the Lip Blok prevents kids from biting on the straw or putting it too far into their mouths. If you'd also like regular disposable straws with your kit, a 12 pack is available as an add-on via the pull-down menu above.
- Made in the USA
- No BPA, PVC, lead, phthalates, or latex
- Holds 8 ounces of fluid
- Bottle measures approximately 2 x 2.5 x 6"
- Colors may vary
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- If you're using thickened liquids, in general for most thickener brands: "nectar" consistency works fine. If you trim the tapered end of the valve to open up the flow, "honey" will work but will be harder to suck through the straw. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
- Compatible with most standard .25" diameter straws should you need more down the road. You can also get spares / replacements of the tubing straw here or the regular straws here.