A versatile oral motor starter kit; Click to customize|||ARK's Starter Kit includes: 1 Z-Vibe® handle, 4 interchangeable tip attachments, and 2 chew tools - a perfect selection of tools to jump start any sensory oral motor treatment plan. The default options are: 1 Royal Blue Z-Vibe handle, 1 Grabber, 1 Grabber XT, 1 Probe Tip, 1 Preefer Tip, 1 Mini Tip, and 1 Hard Spoon Tip (as pictured). However, you can customize any of these options using the pull-down menus above to create a custom kit specific to your needs. For example, if you're not working on feeding, you may want to switch out the Spoon Tip for a different one. Or, if the user needs more tactile input, you may want to switch out a regular Grabber for a Textured Grabber. Click on the "Options" tab above to learn more.
Each component of this kit is available separately, but you save between $12 to $28 (depending on which tips you get) by buying them in a bundle here.
Please note: the unit comes with a special Vibe Battery not available in stores. We recommend buying a spare using the pull down menu above. A sturdy plastic storage case is also available as an optional add-on. To turn the unit on, simply twist the Switch Tip *just* until it starts to vibrate (please do not over-tighten!).
- Made in the USA, medical grade, FDA compliant
- NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- The Z-Vibe® Measures approximately 6.5" in length and less than half of an inch in diameter
- Recommended for individuals of all ages and abilities under the guidance of a therapist or a trained caregiver
Caution: the Z-Vibe is NOT a toy. It is a therapeutic tool intended to be used by a professional therapist (or by parents trained by their therapist). It contains small parts (including a battery) that may pose a choking hazard: direct adult supervision is required at all times.
Designed with versatility in mind, there are over 35 (and counting) Z-Vibe tip attachments available in various shapes, textures, and resiliencies. All of the standard and most popular tips are available as options for this kit:
- With three different textures (smooth, bumpy, and striated), the Probe Tip is our most popular and versatile tip option for sensory oral motor stimulation and tactile cues.
- The Mini Tip is the same design, only smaller for children under 2.5 years of age (depending on their mouth size).
- The Preefer Tip is rounded for when a "rolling" action is desired.
- The Fine Tip allows you to target very specific spots within the oral cavity.
- The Spoon Tips are a must for feeding therapy.
- The Textured Spoon Tips have gentle bumps under the spoon bowl for added tactile input.
- All of the soft tip options are recommended for individuals with a bite reflex and/or sensory issues, as they are softer and have more "give."
- The Bite-n-Chew Tips are designed for practicing biting, chewing, and oral motor skills.
- The Popette Tip is an adaptor that lets you use lollipops, Toothettes, or DentaSwabs with the Z-Vibe.
- The Tongue Tip has a whole in the center - have the individual put his/her tongue tip through the whole, then guide it from left to right to establish the concept of tongue lateralization, or up and down for elevation. It's also the largest tip, and thus can be placed flat on the tongue for the most sensory awareness.
Our chew tools were also designed with versatility in mind to meet a variety of sensory preferences:
- The soft ones are recommended for mild chewers or those with limited jaw strength who need to build up oral motor tone
- The XT ones are "Xtra Tough" - recommended for moderate chewers, or as a next step after the soft ones for building oral tone
- The XXT ones are "Xtra Xtra Tough" - the longest lasting options for avid chewers
- The Y-Chews and Textured Grabbers provide added tactile input for and also simulate the feel of real food for realistic biting/chewing practice
- The Grabbers have a built-in loop handle
- The Y-Chews have three different extensions to chew on
- And the Baby Grabbers are perfect for little ones under 2.5 years old