A horizontal "bead" style pendant; Click to see all 8 colors|||ARK’s Krypto-Bite® Chewable Tube Necklace is very similar to its popular gem-shaped cousin with one main difference: instead of hanging vertically, it hangs horizontally. In other words, the string goes through the whole pendant instead of just through the top. Use this prism-shaped chew pendant as a safe, discreet, and stylish solution for anyone who needs to chew. It's a great "chewelry" (chewable jewelry) oral sensory solution for both boys and girls, kids and adults to help calm, focus, and self-regulate. Like all other ARK chewelry, it comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Standard - This is the softest level, recommended for mild chewers (those who do not chew through anything).
- XT / Medium Firm - This is the middle level, which we call XT ("Xtra Tough"). It's firmer, but still fairly chewy, recommended for moderate chewers.
- XXT / Very Firm - This is the toughest level, which we call XXT ("Xtra Xtra Tough"). This is the toughest option in this shape. However, this is one of our smallest pendants (and it has a hole all the way through), so it is not the best (longest-lasting) option for avid chewing. See below for more details.
Choose your option from the menu above. Each pendant is sold individually with its own breakaway necklace cord. Or, you can also buy more than one pendant and create your own custom beaded chew necklace (like the fourth picture above, for example). Color hues may vary slightly. Each pendant measures about 2.2 inches wide and just under half an inch in diameter.
Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
Caution: This product is not a toy. The clasp and cord are not intended for chewing. Contains small parts that may pose a choking hazard - direct supervision required. Recommended for ages 5 years and up. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear. Please note: this particular shape is not recommended for avid to aggressive chewing. The longest lasting chewelry necklace is typically the original Krypto-Bite in XXT. For the longest lasting chew tool overall, click here.
- 18 years ago, our Grabber® was the first solution on the market specifically for children who needed a safe alternative to chewing on their hands, clothes, pencils, etc. This six-sided pendant is modeled after the same Grabber that you've come to know and love, only shaped into a fun and fashionable design for biting, chewing, and oral motor input.
- Designed and sized to look just like a regular piece of jewelry, the Krypto-Bite® is a very discreet way to chew. Hence the name, which comes from the Greek word kryptos ("hidden, concealed, secret").
- Each pendant measures about 2.2 inches long and just under half an inch in diameter (for reference, this is a bit smaller than the original Krypto-Bite if you have that one).
- The cord measures approximately 36 inches in length. If desired, you can shorten the cord by scooting the thread out of the clasp, retying the knot at a shorter length, and then trimming the excess thread.
- Get multiple necklaces and thread all of the pendants on one cord for a custom 'beaded' look.
- Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA
- Highly recommended for individuals who have Autism, sensory needs, anxiety, ADHD, etc.