Adaptive drinking cup makes drinking easier for all ages|||ARK's Sip-Tip® makes drinking easier for individuals with difficulties generating and maintaining suction. The set includes: 1 eight oz. tumbler, 1 spill-resistant lid, 10 One-Way Straws, and 1 *free* Lip Blok® (yellow, 3/4"). The One-Way Straws have a unique valve built into the bottom of the straw that controls the flow of liquid - fluid flows up into the straw, but does not empty back into the cup. Because fluid stays at the top of the straw, less air is ingested and less effort is required for each sip (notice the juice staying at the top of the straw in the picture). An individual can suck from the straw, or can be helped by "pumping" the fluid up the straw with the flexible lid. Simply cover the vent hole with your finger and press down several times until the liquid reaches the desired height. With the Sip-Tip, users tend to experience less coughing and choking while consuming more fluids.
The Sip-Tip® is similar to the Cip-Kup and Bear Bottle in function, but with a more professional and discrete design geared towards teenagers through geriatrics. The lid snaps on securely to minimize spillage, and the rigid, high-quality tumbler has graduated marks on its side to monitor fluid intake. The Lip Blok® prevents individuals from biting on the straw or putting it too far into their mouths, and can also help decrease tongue protrusion and promote correct tongue and lip positioning.
- Made in the USA
- FDA compliant, no BPA, PVC, lead, phthalates, or latex
- All parts are dishwasher-safe and available separately.
- Holds 8 ounces of liquid.
- Measures approximately 4.5" tall with a 2" diameter at the base and 3" diameter at the top
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- This may vary by brand of thickener, but in general if you're using thickened liquids, "nectar" consistency works fine. "Honey" is a bit harder to suck through the straw, but it does work. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
Caution: Contains small parts. Must be supervised at all times.
- Specifically designed to assist individuals with oral motor and straw drinking difficulties
- Proven to reduce coughing, choking, and aspiration
- Increases hydration while being convenient and discreet
- Eases the transition from bottle-feeding to cup drinking
- Controls the flow of fluid with a removable, reusable, adjustable valve
- Includes graduated marks on the side of the cup to monitor fluid intake
- Includes a secure lid to minimize spillage
- Promotes tongue retraction and corrects lip/tongue positioning with a *free* Lip Blok
- Offers the option to help fluid up the straw by pumping the flexible lid
- Made in the USA