A large version of the Textured Grabber for teenagers & adults|||ARK's Textured Grabber® has been a sensory oral sensory motor staple for over 20 years. Now it comes in a large / adult version!
Although adults can use the original Textured Grabber®, too, this Goshabunga version has a much larger loop to comfortably fit larger hands. It's also a tad thicker, and the stem is about .3" longer.
Use it as a safe alternative to chewing on one's hands, shirts, pencils, etc. It can also be used as an oral motor therapy tool to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, build jaw strength and stability, and exercise the mouth muscles.
Like all ARK chews, the Goshabunga Grabber comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Soft / Standard - recommended for mild chewing, individuals with low oral tone, or individuals with limited jaw strength just learning to bite and chew. These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them.
- XT / Medium Firm - XT stands for "Xtra Tough." These are firmer, but still fairly chewy. Recommended for moderate chewers. Or, individuals working on building jaw strength can eventually "graduate" from the soft to the XT.
- XXT / Very Firm - XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough." These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough / the longest lasting option for avid chewing.
The original Textured Grabber® measures about 5" lengthwise, just under 1.9" across the loop/handle, and .44" thick. This Goshabunga version measures about 6.8" lengthwise, 2.1" across the loop, and .46" thick.
What does "Goshabunga" mean? It's a word coined a long time ago by John Lowsky meaning really big!
Made in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Each Grabber® is sold individually - choose which option you'd like from the pull-down menu above. Exact color hues may vary slightly.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.
- With its P shape design, the Grabber® features a "built-in" handle that makes it easy for the hand to hold.
- While all surfaces can be chewed on, the long extension allows individuals to reach the back molar area where we do most of our chewing.
- The original Textured Grabber® measures about 5" lengthwise, just under 1.9" across the loop/handle, and .44" thick. This Goshabunga version measures about 6.8" lengthwise, 2.1" across the loop, and .46" thick.
- Comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels for mild to moderate to avid chewing needs. Those with low oral tone / limited jaw strength can also start with the softest one and progress to the XT to gradually build jaw strength (XT is firmer and provides more resistance)
- Made in the USA