Big bumps on front, small on back; Click to see all 17 colors|||Made in the USA, ARK's Brick Stick® Textured Chew Necklace provides a safe, wearable, discreet, and cool solution for those who need to chew. Use this "chewelry" as an oral fidget (or even hand fidget) to help calm, soothe, and self-regulate during times of stress, to better focus during homework and other activities, for sensory oral motor input, and/or as a safe alternative to chewing/biting on fingers, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc. Like all ARK sensory chews, ARK's Brick Stick® comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Standard - This is the softest level, recommended for mild chewers (those who do not chew through anything).
- XT / Medium Firm - This is the middle level, which we call XT ("Xtra Tough"). It's firmer, but still fairly chewy, recommended for moderate chewers.
- XXT / Very Firm - This is the toughest level, which we call XXT ("Xtra Xtra Tough"). It still has some “chewability” to it, but it’s fairly rigid / pretty firm. No chew tool is indestructible, but this is usually the longest lasting level for avid chewers.
Choose your option from the menu above. Each pendant is sold individually with its own breakaway necklace cord. Additional cords are also an optional add-on. Color hues may vary slightly.
Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic. Medical grade, FDA compliant, NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.
Caution: This product is not a toy. The clasp and cord are not intended for chewing. Contains small parts that may pose a choking hazard - direct supervision required. Recommended for ages 5 years and up. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear. For the longest lasting chew tool overall, click here.
- 18 years ago, ARK's Grabber® was the first solution on the market specifically for children who needed a safe alternative to chewing on their hands, clothes, pencils, etc. We've since come out with dozens of chew options to meet a variety of sensory preferences, including textured, scented, extra tough, and more. This brick-shaped pendant is modeled after our textured chew tools that you've come to know and love. The size is based off of the handle of our Y-Chew, just slightly thicker. And the large bumps on the front face come from our Textured Grabber.
- Each pendant measures approximately 2.5 inches long and 5/8 inch wide. Including the bumps, it measures just under .5 inch thick.
- The long length means you can reach all the way to the back molar area where we do most of our chewing and where proprioceptive input to the jaw is needed most.
- The tactile nubs in two different sizes provide varied oral sensory input.
- The cord measures approximately 36 inches in length. If desired, you can shorten the cord by scooting the thread out of the clasp, retying the knot at a shorter length, and then trimming the excess thread.
- Made in the USA! Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic.
- Highly recommended for individuals who have Autism, sensory needs, anxiety, ADHD, etc.