A fun & friendly sensory oral motor kit; Click to customize|||ARK's Z-Vibe® Animal Critters Travel Kit is a fun-loving must-have for your sensory oral motor treatment plan. The default kit includes 1 Royal Blue handle, 1 Cat Tip, 1 Mouse Tip, and 1 Dog Tip. However, you can fully customize these options from the pull-down menus above (so for example, you could change the options to all Dog Tips if you'd like). Each component of this kit is also available separately, but you save $7 by buying them in a bundle here!
The cat, mouse, and dog's charming and familiar faces captivate children's attention and increase their willingness to participate in therapy. The various shapes and textures provide lots of opportunities for mouthing, sound production, and feeding. Use them to generate different sensations within the oral cavity and around the lips and face. The reverse sides have many additional textures and pockets for the tongue to explore. The backs also have bite blocks to work on jaw grading and stability. Use the ears to scoop foods on either a smooth or textured surface. The Z-Vibe® can also be turned on for additional sensory input with its smooth, gentle vibration. Vibration provides a new level of stimulation to increase awareness and to draw more acute attention to the articulators. Many individuals also find vibration to be calming and soothing. Click on the "Suggested Uses" and "Video" tabs above to learn more.
Please note: the unit comes with a special Vibe Battery not available in stores. We recommend buying a spare using the pull down menu above. A sturdy plastic storage case is also available as an add-on for an extra $4.99. To turn the unit on, simply twist the Switch Tip *just* until it starts to vibrate (please do not over-tighten!).
- Made in the USA, medical grade, FDA compliant
- NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- The Z-Vibe® Measures approximately 6.5" in length and less than half of an inch in diameter
- Recommended for individuals of all ages and abilities under the guidance of a therapist or a trained caregiver
Caution: the Z-Vibe is NOT a toy. It is a therapeutic tool intended to be used by a professional therapist (or by parents trained by their therapist). It contains small parts (including a battery) that may pose a choking hazard: direct adult supervision is required at all times.
• Allow hesitant / orally defensive children to explore the various sensations in their hands and on their arms first, slowly working towards acceptance in the mouth for oral stimulation.
• Dip the Cat in food and use him as a "dipper spoon" to decrease texture aversion, decrease food anxiety, and increase oral awareness during feeding therapy.
• Use the ears of the Mouse & Dog as spoons! One ear has a smooth backside. The other ear has gentle bumps for added tactile input and stability to the tongue. Use the bumpy one to help introduce texture to puréed foods and to encourage the transition from puréed to textured/regular food. The Mouse ears are also aptly positioned at an angle to make eating easier for beginning spoon users or children with limited dexterity (please directly supervise when the child is holding the tool him/herself).
• Use Mr. Dog during mealtimes and feeding therapy to decrease food anxiety. The various textures and sensations can also help "wake up" the mouth, decrease oral aversions, and normalize sensitivities.
• Use the various heights of the tips to practice jaw grading and stability - have the child practice biting the ears, the side of the face, the bite block on the back of the tip, etc. to practice gauging how far they should open their mouth.
• The bite blocks on the back come in three different sizes. Start with the Dog Tip, as he has the thickest bite block (which is the easiest). Then progress to the Mouse Tip, which has a thinner bite block, and finally to the Cat Tip, which has the thinnest and thus the most difficult bite block. Click on the "Therapy Video" tab above to learn more about this oral motor exercise / hierarchy for jaw grading.
• Have fun!